The primary purpose of the Advocacy Work Group is to review and recommend national legislative and policy priorities that positively impact geospatial technology, data and governance, as well as to provide guidance and support for state legislative and policy issues.
The Advocacy Work Group also provides subject matter expertise (SME) and influence to do the following:
- Recommend annual advocacy priorities for adoption by the NSGIC Board of Directors
- Develop tactical work plans for legislative and agency advocacy
- Coordinate with other SME groups on advocacy activities
- Organize and solicit targeted federal outreach efforts by states
- Manage the communication loop for partnerships, coalitions, and liaisons
- Develop guidance and best practices for state-level advocacy