For the 2024 NSGIC Midyear Meeting we are soliciting abstracts for the live plenary and Fed Day. Content will be reviewed and selected by the Conference Committee on a competitive basis. Preference will be given to State and Federal presentations and those business partners and private sector submissions that feature involvement with the states and/or a panel presentation that includes state representatives.
- Flash: 12-minute update
- Standard: 25-minute presentation including time for Q&A
- Extended: 40-minute presentation including time for Q&A; panel encouraged, but individual presentations allowable
- On-Demand: In addition to live sessions, the conference will also feature pre-recorded presentations. This format is more flexible in terms of time, with lengths between 10 and 60 minutes.
Abstract submissions will be evaluated by the NSGIC Conference Committee using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the NSGIC audience of state Geospatial Information Officers (and equivalents), agency GIS coordinators, local and other public sector GIS specialists; federal partners; tribal representatives; and private sector collaborators.
- Quality of content indicated by abstract
- Significance with relevant content presented concisely and coherently
- Originality to include new perspectives, approaches, or evidence
- Advancement of state GIS policy, technology, service, or system
All submitting presenters will be asked to comment on:
- What is the desired outcome or product? In other words, what do you want the audience to do or take away as a result of your presentation?
- Audience engagement. How do you plan to make your presentation interactive to keep the audience engaged?
Successful presentations will be high-energy and engaging. Content should highlight state success stories, inspired collaborations, and thought-provoking ideas and solutions to the challenges faced by today’s state GIS leaders. Presentations are not to be commercials.
In line with NSGIC’s strategic direction, meeting content will be selected on a competitive basis. Preference will be given to business partner submissions that feature involvement with the states and/or a panel presentation that includes state representatives. Business partners should submit abstracts via the form below by the noted deadline to be considered by the Conference Committee.
Purchasing On-Demand Presentations
Business Partners in good standing are eligible to purchase, via the a la carte menu, on-demand pre-recorded (up to 60 minutes in length) presentations, which will be included as part of the official meeting agenda offerings and made available to registered attendees before, during and after the event. This option is not selected competitively, but on a first-come, first-served sign-up basis. If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Submissions are no longer being accepted
Please note presentations are not to be commercials and you must select your preferred presentation type, but the Conference Committee may suggest an alternate type depending on the needs of the agenda and content relevance. You will be provided with confirmation of your presentation type upon confirmation of acceptance.